Welcome race fans to the 2015 race season.
1. The Board of Directors is proud and very excited to announce the 2014 PGARA racing schedule (subject to Change)
May 23 opening day – Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks - DOUBLE POINTS
May 30 fishing derby
June 13 WESCAR (Jun 14 rain date) – Ministocks, Street stocks
June 20 MAIN EVENT DAY. - Hornet main, Mini Stock main, Street Stock main and Hit to Pass 150 lap main.
July 4 MAIN EVENT DAY. - Hornet main, Mini Stock main, Street Stock main and Hit to Pass 150 lap main.
Aug 15 Tri-Cities Street Stocks Invitational - Hornets, Chieftain Auto Parts Mini Stocks, Richmond Steel Street Stocks
Leadfoot Legends Race.
Aug 16 Pgara Street Stock Invitational Hornets, Chieftain Auto Parts Mini Stocks, Richmond Steel Street Stocks Leadfoot Legends Race.
Aug 29, 30 Hit to pass
Sep 5 final race day - Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks
2. The Board of directors is pleased to advise all teams and fans that a prize fund will be offered for Opening day. $1000 for street stocks, $500 for Ministocks. To be paid out per point.
3. For 2015, the Board has authorized the following Hit to pass Prize payout $7500 for Labor day weekend
4. After much discussion with both QARA and Thunder Mountain Speedway officials, the Twin Rivers Developments Tri cities race series is a go. Races will be held at PGARA Speedway Park, Goldpan Speedway, and Thunder Mountain Speedway, with increased prize money. The Board of directors would like to thank Bill Klugh Jr. for helping to organize the series
See ya at the races Chris Arronge.
Congratulations to our 2014 Race season points champions.Hornets - Gary Howard
Mini Stocks - Lawrence Barks
Street Stocks - Jerry Gascon
VIP parking this Friday for HIT TO PASS. The gates are open from 7pm to 10 pm. Its $20 per car parked Friday night for non-members and $5 per car for members not volunteering this weekend. These spots will be sold for the whole weekend if you buy it Friday. This is only for the parking spot, you still must pay for admission to get in each day. This will be a good way to give our fans a fair chance at premium parking spaces.
Hit to Pass.
Mark your calendars for our busiest weekend of the year, Aug 29 and Aug 30, sponsored by Chieftain Auto Parts, our labor day hit to pass with big car count, huge crowds and spectacular crashing. $7500 in prize money being paid out between the 2 main events equals epic smashing and destroying the competition action! Presented by 94X and the Wolf
Aug 15th and 16th brings back our Mr G Invitational weekend with our Chieftain Auto Parts mini stocks racing for $1500 for the weekend to be paid out by points. The Richmond Steel street stocks will be racing for $4500 for the weekend with $250 paid out to win each main event and $4000 paid out in points. Saturday night will also be a points race for the Twin Rivers tri-cities championship between PG, Quesnel and Williams Lake Street stocks. Tow dough for minis and streets will be-$50 for Quesnel, $75 for Williams Lake, and $200 for over 350 kms away.
Leadfoot Legends Race
August 15 &16 PGARA is bringing back the lead foot legends open wheel cars ! August 16 at regular event priceing! Legends car racing is a style of race car, designed primarily to promote exciting racing and to keep costs down. The bodyshells are 5/8-scale replicas of American automobiles from the 1930s and 1940s, powered by a Yamaha motorcycle engine. Legends Cars are a "spec" series, meaning all cars are mechanically identical. www.leadfootlegends.com
Absolutely no dogs allowed at race track.
For safety reasons no dogs are allowed at the race track. If a dog was to get loose and run on race track, would create a panic situation posing a risk to racers. Also a saftey risk for race fans with agressive dogs, people getting bit or dog fights etc. So please leave your dogs at home
Regular Racing Classes at PGARA.
PGARA would like to send out a big thanks to all the sponsors that make it possible for the race track to keep operating year after year. This years three regular raceing class sponsors are
- Richmond Steel Street Stocks.
- Chieftain Auto Parts Mini Stocks.
- Inland Kenworth Hornets.
- Hit To Pass Races sponsors include The Wolf, 94X and Chieftain Autoparts.
Visit our Sponsor page to see all the local businesses that make it all happen and try supporting them next time you are shopping or need any services etc.