Welcome race fans to the 2014 race season.
1. The Board of Directors is proud and very excited to announce the 2014 PGARA racing schedule (subject to Change)
May 24 opening day – Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks - DOUBLE POINTS
May 31 fishing derby
June 14 ASA (Jun 15 rain date) – Ministocks, Street stocks
June 21 Hit to pass
July 12 regular race day – Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks
Aug 9 & 10 Invitational - Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks
Aug 30, 31 Hit to pass
Sep 6 final race day - Hornets, Ministocks, Street stocks
2. The Board of directors is pleased to advise all teams and fans that a prize fund will be offered for Opening day. $1000 for street stocks, $500 for Ministocks. To be paid out per point.
3. For 2014, the Board has authorized the following Hit to pass Prize payouts $5000 for June 21 and $7500 total for Labor day weekend
4. After much discussion with both QARA and Thunder Mountain Speedway officials, the Twin Rivers Developments Tri cities race series is a go. Races will be held at PGARA Speedway Park, Goldpan Speedway, and Thunder Mountain Speedway, with increased prize money. The Board of directors would like to thank Bill Klugh Jr. for helping to organize the series
See ya at the races Chris Arronge.
Congratulations to our 2013 Race season points champions.Hornets - Kurtis Blake
Mini Stocks - Nathan Linfitt
Street Stocks - Jarret Bonn
VIP parking this Friday for HIT TO PASS. The gates are open from 7pm to 10 pm. Its $20 per car parked Friday night for non-members and $5 per car for members not volunteering this weekend. These spots will be sold for the whole weekend if you buy it Friday. This is only for the parking spot, you still must pay for admission to get in each day. This will be a good way to give our fans a fair chance at premium parking spaces.
ASA OK Tire sportsman series.June 14th brings back the touring ASA OK Tire Series presented by White Spruce Enterprises and Mr Quick Lube and Oil with the fastest sportsman stock cars in Western Canada. Arca has had multiple cars join the series from the now defunct asa advance testing series bringing car count up for 2014.
Hit to Pass.
June 21 will be the Hit to Pass extravaganza brought to you by 94X and the Wolf with triple the regular prize money! $5,000 in prize money up for grabs!. We expect a big car turn out for this event. We will also have trailer races at this event as well.
Also mark your calendars for our busiest weekend of the year, Aug 30 and Aug 31, sponsored by Chieftain Auto Parts, our labor day hit to pass with big car count, huge crowds and spectacular crashing. $7500 in prize money being paid out between the 2 main events equals epic smashing and destroying the competition action! Presented by 94X and the Wolf
Aug 9th and 10th brings back our Mr G Invitational weekend with our Chieftain Auto Parts mini stocks racing for $1500 for the weekend to be paid out by points. The Richmond Steel street stocks will be racing for $4500 for the weekend with $250 paid out to win each main event and $4000 paid out in points. Saturday night will also be a points race for the Twin Rivers tri-cities championship between PG, Quesnel and Williams Lake Street stocks. Tow dough for minis and streets will be-$50 for Quesnel, $75 for Williams Lake, and $200 for over 350 kms away.
Four Cylinder Hit to Pass.
This season PGARA is introducing a new four cylinder Hit to Pass class. The Four cylinder Hit to Pass cars events will be held on the same day as the regular Hit to Pass events. Rules for these cars can be found here on the Four Cylinder Hit to Pass rules page
- Saturday, June 22
- Saturday, August 31
- Sunday, Sept 1
Absolutely no dogs allowed at race track.
For safety reasons no dogs are allowed at the race track. If a dog was to get loose and run on race track, would create a panic situation posing a risk to racers. Also a saftey risk for race fans with agressive dogs, people getting bit or dog fights etc. So please leave your dogs at home
Regular Racing Classes at PGARA.
PGARA would like to send out a big thanks to all the sponsors that make it possible for the race track to keep operating year after year. This years three regular raceing class sponsors are
- Richmond Steel Street Stocks.
- Chieftain Auto Parts Mini Stocks.
- Inland Kenworth Hornets.
- Hit To Pass Races sponsors include The Wolf, 94X and Chieftain Autoparts.
Visit our Sponsor page to see all the local businesses that make it all happen and try supporting them next time you are shopping or need any services etc.